This Policy does not address the privacy practices of any third party. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any such third parties, including those to whom we disclose personal information in accordance with this Policy or to whom you submit personal information having accessed such third party application or website via the Applications. We do not endorse any applications or websites which may be linked via the Applications.
1. Changes to This Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. We encourage you to check this Policy whenever you use our Applications and services to understand how your personal information is used.
2. Information Collected
We collect information from you in various ways when you use our Applications and services. We may also supplement this information with information from other companies. We collect two general types of information, namely personal information and aggregate data. As used in this Policy, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name and email address), and demographic and other information when directly linked to information that can identify an individual.
Our definition of personal information does not include “aggregate” data. Aggregate data is information we collect about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed. In other words, no personal information is included in aggregate data. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our services. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate data, and we may share aggregate data about our users with third parties for various purposes, including to help us better understand our customer needs and improve our services and for advertising and marketing purposes.
The following are the specific types of information we collect from you. We collect information you give us on our Web site and when you register for and use our Applications and services. Examples include the following:
- Registration and Profile Information. Information. When you register to use our services or update your profile, we may collect various kinds of information about you including, your name and email address; your title, company and other profile information you provide; demographic information; and information you upload like photos, files, and documents.
- Payment Information. Information. We or our third party billing vendors may collect your billing and payment information, including credit card information and billing address.
- Submissions and Customer Service. From time to time we may use surveys, contests or sweepstakes requesting personal or demographic information and customer feedback.
- Automatically Collected Information. We automatically receive certain types of information when you interact with our Applications, services and communications. For example, it is standard for your Web browser to automatically send information to every Web site you visit, including ours. That information includes your computer’s IP address, access times, your browser type and language, and referring Web site addresses. We may also collect information about the type of operating system you use, your account activity, and files and pages accessed or used by you.
Use of Personal Information
In general, we use your personal information to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Applications and services and to otherwise serve you and our users. For example, we may use your personal information:
- to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve the Web site and our publications, products and services;
- to respond to your inquiries/requests;
- to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, special events or offers from us or our partners and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
- to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the Applications and services; to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints; to perform after-sales services; to anticipate and resolve problems with our service; to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our product and service development; and to inform you of updates to products and services from us that better meet your needs;
- to send you details about changes to this Policy and other policies;
- to contact you if you win a contest; and
- for other purposes about which we notify you.
4. Freedom of Information/Open Records Requests; Sharing of Personal Information.
Freedom of Information Act, or other state law(s) requiring government agencies to disclose certain records or information to the public, of one or more jurisdictions may control your and third parties’ access to certain personally identifiable information and public records provided by Customers and uploaded to the Revelwood Web site. Information you supply to us may be subject to disclosure to anyone who asks. Additionally, you and Revelwood could be subject to court order or subpoena to divulge personally identifiable information.
5. Network and Information Security
We take reasonable steps to protect information we collect from you to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. In addition, highly confidential personal information such as credit card number and password that we request from you on our Web site is protected with encryption, such as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, during transmission over the Internet. The servers on which information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems are maintained at adequate levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
Your account information and access to our service is accessible only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
Some of the information used by our Applications are accessed from third party products such as IBM databases or applications based on login credentials and access rights that you provide. With the exception of server identification information and login credentials (which you may opt not to have stored in the Applications), we do not store any such data or disclose it to third party providers we may use. Any such data is treated confidentially and accessed only for purposes of your convenience and use of the Applications.
We may send you communications or data regarding our Applications and services, including but not limited to (i) notices about your use of our Applications and services, including any notices concerning violations of use, (ii) updates, and (iii) promotional information and materials regarding our products and services.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing email@example.com with your specific request. Opt-out requests will not apply to transactional service messages, such as security alerts and notices about your current account and services.
The Applications are controlled by us from the United States.
This Policy, and our collection and subsequent processing of your personal information is governed by U.S. law (not by the laws of any country, territory or jurisdiction other than the United States).
We do not represent or warrant that the Applications, or any functionality or feature thereof are appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access or use the Applications do so on their own initiative and at their own risk. You are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations.
By using the Applications and submitting any personal information, users from outside the United States acknowledge that the Applications are subject to U.S. law and consent to the transfer of personal information to the United States, which may provide a different level of data security than in their country of residence. You hereby waive any claims that may arise under your own national laws, other than U.S. law.
8. Contacting Us.
Any questions about this Policy should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.