In today’s IBM Planning Analytics Tips & Tricks video, our FP&A Technology Director, Lee Lazarow, demonstrates how to create multi-level dimensions in Planning Analytics Workspace (PAW). This new feature allows you to build brand-new dimensions by simply dragging a file onto your screen.
Watch the video and you’ll learn:
- How to take a multi-level file of cities and states in Notepad and drag it into PAW
- How the leaf-level elements will be the specific cities
- How the parent-level will be the states
- How that rolls up to a grand total called Tri-State
From there, you then learn:
- How to create a dimension
- Name your dimension
- How Planning Analytics has built-in logic to understand the levels of your file
This is just one of many new useful features in Planning Analytics.
IBM Planning Analytics, which TM1 is the engine for, is full of new features and functionality. Not sure where to start? Our team here at Revelwood can help. Contact us for more information at email@example.com. And stay tuned for more Planning Analytics Tips & Tricks weekly in our Knowledge Center and in upcoming newsletters!
Want to get our Planning Analytics Tips & Tricks delivered to your inbox every Tuesday? Sign up to get our weekly email of just the week’s tip! And don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel for more Planning Analytics videos.