Do you know how to define your global settings in the overview area of an IBM Planning Analytics Exploration? Revelwood’s FP&A Technology Director, Lee Lazarow, demonstrates how to manage and define these settings.
Watch our latest IBM Planning Analytics Tips & Tricks video to learn:
- Locate the gear icon in the overview area of your Exploration
- Identify the four different global settings you can define
- Hierarchy name – shows details about each dimension
- Iconography – gives details about each one of the dimensions, similar to the legacy version of Subset Editor
- Context information – provides details about the database, which database it is references, which cube it is referencing
- Section headers – shows within the area what is the context, or what was previously called titles or picks.
When you define your global settings in IBM Planning Analytics, you create a better experience for your end users. It enables end users to determine what they are looking at and what they are navigating through.
Revelwood has worked with IBM Planning Analytics / TM1 for more than 27 years. We’ve partnered with hundreds of companies on the design, development, maintenance and updates of IBM Planning Analytics applications, across every industry. Have a challenge with Planning Analytics / TM1? We can help you!