Did you know that when you create a new TM1 / IBM Planning Analytics instance that the HTTPPORTNUMBER parameter is required? This setting is placed within the TM1S.cfg file for your model.
Some things to note when defining the HTTPPORTNUMBER parameter:
- 1. The valid port values are between 5000 and 49151.
- 2. The configuration like will look something like this:
- 3. The port used must be unique on the server for any service, not just TM1 / PA database services.
- 4. If you forget to assign a value within the TM1S.cfg file, then Port 5001 is automatically assigned to the model. This is important for multiple reasons:
- a. Port 5001 may already be being utilized by another service which will prevent the TM1 / PA server instance from starting
- b. If you have multiple TM1/PA models on the server and none of the TM1S.cfg files have the HTTPPORTNUMBER parameter defined, then the first server instance will start (if port 5001 is not currently being utilized). Every other TM1 /PA instance will then fail because each will also try to use Port 5001, but the port is already used.
That’s it! Just something to keep in mind when creating new TM1 / PA models on your server!
IBM Planning Analytics, which TM1 is the engine for, is full of new features and functionality. Not sure where to start? Our team here at Revelwood can help. Contact us for more information at email@example.com. And stay tuned for more Planning Analytics Tips & Tricks weekly in our Knowledge Center and in upcoming newsletters!