Did you know the window of time for upgrading from TM1 to IBM Planning Analytics is shortening quickly? You need to upgrade to IBM Planning Analytics in order to complete your 2019 budgeting and planning activities. While that is likely the biggest reason to begin your upgrade now, there are many additional reasons to move to IBM Planning Analytics.[click_to_tweet tweet=”Did you know the window of time for upgrading from #TM1 to IBM Planning Analytics is shortening quickly? You need to upgrade to IBM Planning Analytics in order to complete your 2019 budgeting and planning activities. http://bit.ly/2NVP2sB” quote=”You need to upgrade to IBM Planning Analytics in order to complete your 2019 budgeting and planning activities. ” theme=”style6″]
A new whitepaper from IBM outlines the powerful new features and enhancements you’ll experience when upgrading from TM1 to IBM Planning Analytics. Here’s a quick look at some of the compelling aspects of IBM Planning Analytics:
IBM Planning Analytics Workspace – the interface that revolutionizes TM1
IBM Planning Analytics Workspace is a customizable user interface that enables users to combine data from any cube in any TM1 database into a single view using a viewer, TM1 websheets, charts or cell widgets. You’ll gain productivity and save time by eliminating time-consuming data conversions.
Additionally, Planning Analytics Workspace (PAW) gives you:
- Three forms of data selectors: tiles, lists, and sliders
- The ability to have report authors and report consumers filter data-rich “books” with easily
- Simple and streamlined navigation through multi-dimensional cubes
- The ability to convert “data exploration” into charts you can use for presentations and to share with others (see our blog post IBM Planning Analytics Tips & Tricks: Planning Analytics Workspace Chart Types)
More flexible analytics with hierarchies
IBM Planning Analytics has a new “hierarchies” capability that delivers both technical advantages and end-user benefits. Hierarchies expands the traditional definition of cubes, letting you perform more in depth, granular analysis using “attributes” to describe the characteristics of customers, products, projects, and more.
Hierarchies enable you to create “virtual dimensions” that gives you:
- Faster calculations, thanks to smaller cube sizes
- The ability to create ad hoc hierarchies, which you can immediately introduce into Excel, web or mobile, for quick and convenient analysis
- The ability to see the intersections of several hierarchies within the same dimension, enabling you to drill down to find data points never before possible
Download “Upgrading from IBM TM1 to IBM Planning Analytics” to get details on these features, along with information on IBM Planning Analytics for Microsoft Excel (PAx), TM1 TurboIntegrator Debugger, and how Planning Analytics enables your planning to be GDPR-compliant.
IBM Planning Analytics is full of new features and functionality. Not sure where to start? Our team here at Revelwood can help. Contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org. And stay tuned for more Planning Analytics Tips & Tricks weekly in our Knowledge Center and in upcoming newsletters!
Read more blog posts on upgrading from TM1 to IBM Planning Analytics: