IBM introduces new features for Planning Analytics in releases throughout the year. We publish IBM Planning Analytics Tips & Tricks on these features every Tuesday in our Knowledge Center. If you would like to receive these in your inbox every Tuesday, you can subscribe here.
Here we list out which useful features have been released so far this year for PAx and PAW.
New PAx Features in 2020
Design Mode can be used to enable or disable the refreshing of an Exploration View upon every change. As of 2.0.50, you can now also use Design Mode to preserve or clear DBRW formulas when you are copying and pasting values into cells.
As of version 2.0.51, you can now bulk update the data source or package for multiple Exploration Views at the same time.
Various improvements were made to the set editor to make it easier to work with large dimensions. These include the ability to focus on one area at a time, have easy access to various functions, perform drag and drop functionality, and define default settings for the available members and current set panes.
New PAW Features in 2020
Ability to abbreviate numbers to thousands or millions within the Set Format options
- Changed hierarchy sorting to an alphabetical approach
- Ability to enable security access to processes
2.0.50 – 2.0.52 (Apr)
- Set editor improvements (see Pax 2.0.52 for details)
- The AgentActions.log file can be used to review the user and time associated with these database actions: start, stop, restart, and end process
- Modified various icons and the settings within the refresh menu
If you have any questions about these features, please feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com.