In July 2022, IBM will release an update to IBM Planning Analytics Workspace. This update will include depreciating the Workspace Classic Experience for IBM Planning Analytics cloud clients and automatically updating clients using the Workspace Classic Experience to the “New Experience.” We encourage all IBM Planning Analytics cloud clients using the classic experience to preview and switch to the new experience before July.
IBM Planning Analytics Workspace “New Experience”
IBM released a major update to the Planning Analytics Workspace user experience in October 2020 as part of the 2.0.56 update. The “New Experience” provides an updated look and feel and enhanced navigation and content management. This release also introduced Applications and Plans, along with Predictive Forecasting.
Applications and Plans are meant to guide business processes by centralizing and organizing required tasks to make sure that all steps are completed in the correct sequence. Our IBM Planning Analytics Tips & Tricks: Introduction to Apps and Plans blog post explains more about this new feature.
The new Predictive Forecasting feature allows you to quickly populate future time periods based on past data values. This is especially useful to prepopulate a data set for you or your team to then adjust as you see fit. You can learn more about these capabilities in the following blog posts:
- IBM Planning Analytics Tips & Tricks: Planning Analytics Forecasting – Configuring the Time Dimension
- IBM Planning Analytics Tips & Tricks: Planning Analytics Forecasting – Configuring the Forecast Settings
- IBM Planning Analytics Tips & Tricks: Planning Analytics Forecasting – Previewing the Forecast
- IBM Planning Analytics Tips & Tricks: Planning Analytics Forecasting – Setting up the Forecast
The “New Experience” also includes new charts and visualizations. We are hosting a webinar on this topic on Wednesday, June 8, 2022 at 1pm ET. We’ll cover:
- The types of charts that are available and when to use each
- How to create a chart from an existing exploration
- How to create a chart from scratch
- How to customize your charts
- Recommendations when creating charts and dashboards
If you would like guidance with the upcoming update, please let us know. John Pra Sisto is more than happy to speak with you about your Planning Analytics cloud environment and how to make the most of the transition to the “New Experience.”