Do you know how to manage your users and groups in IBM Planning Analytics Workspace (PAW)? As of version 84, PAW now allows you to edit this information via a single click.
To open the users and groups editor, right-click on a database within your modeling workbench and select the option for Manage users and groups.
Once selected, a grid showing the users on the rows and the groups on the columns will appear. This layout mimics the approach used in Perspectives.
The following functions are available to maintain your user security:
- To assign or remove a user to a group, right-click at the intersection of a user and group name, then click Assign user to group or Remove user from group.
- To assign all users to a group, right-click the group name, then click Assign group.
- To remove all users from a group, right-click the group name, then click Remove group.
- To assign a user to all groups, right-click the user name and then click Assign user.
- To remove a user from all groups, right-click the user name and then click Assign user.
- To remove a group from the database, right-click the group name and then click Remove group.
- To remove a user from the database, right-click the user name and then click Remove user.
You can also use the editor to import users and groups from Planning Analytics Workspace or to create a new group on the Planning Analytics database.
IBM Planning Analytics, which TM1 is the engine for, is full of new features and functionality. Not sure where to start? Our team here at Revelwood can help. Contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org. And stay tuned for more Planning Analytics Tips & Tricks weekly in our Knowledge Center and in upcoming newsletters!